- Overhanging components.
- Add extra clearance between PCB's when constructing panels if you design has components that overlap the PCB edge.
- This will enable you to mount such components on the PCB while still in panel format, reducing the overall assembly cost.
- Use of heavy components.
- If you have heavy components on your boards, consider adding extra material between break-routed PCB's to prevent the panel from sagging during assembly.
- When choosing the clearance to use between the PCB's take into consideration the 2.00 mm cutter width which will be extracted twice from the clearance material between the PCBs.
- In general V-cut is the better option when working with heavy components.
Return to panel guidelines overview